Emergency livelihood support through Cash for Work to 2,250 vulnerable households in Arua and Moyo Districts,West Nile Sub region.
LOCATION: Imvepi settlement (Zones 2 and 3) and Odupi sub county, Arua District, Palorinya settlement (Zone 3) and Itula sub county, Moyo District
DURATION: August to December 2018
Project implemented by living Earth Uganda with support from UNDP and funding from UN (CERF) (Central Emergency Rescue Fund).
To Provide emergency livelihood support to 2,250 refugees and host community members in Palorinya refugee settlement, Moyo district, and Imvepi refugee settlement, Arua district, through Cash for Work activities.
- To provide emergency livelihood support to 2,250 refugees and host community members through cash for work.
- To strengthen the resilience of refugees, host community members.
- To support the host communities to cope with and recover from the impact of the large influx of refugees.
- To provide emergency support, while investing in existing in national and local systems to ensure they can adequately serve both host and refugee communities.
- To respond to life-saving livelihood needs of refugees and host communities.
- To provide non-farming livelihood support through cash for work.
Emergency income generated for 2,250 vulnerable households, of which 75% female-headed, through Cash for Work activities.